- This office extends its service to whole of Kolar district.
- The application received for location of drinking water borewells in this district are located by Geo hydrological and Geophysical method. Then a feasibility certificate is issued whether a dug well /borewell or dug cum borewell for that particular area.
- Every month the static water level from department observation borewells is recorded from selected locations throughout the district and the recordings from DWLR (Digital Water Level Recorder) are uploaded in GWDES software and submitted to head office, Bangalore
- On a daily and monthly basis the rainfall data of Kolar district is collected from department of statistics, Kolar and fed in GWDES software.
- List of drinking water and irrigation borewells of the district is collected from various departments like KPTCL etc.. and is submitted to data centre, head office, Bangalore.
- A detail survey and analysis of the selected watershed area in the district is done as part of yearly program and a detail report is submitted. Technical advice for construction of artificial recharge structures will be proposed in case the watershed area has dense population of borewells.
- Every five years, details of crops, rainfall, tank details are collected talukwise and consolidated and groundwater assessment is carried out and the final report is submitted to head office, Bangalore.
- Water sample from the department observation borewells are collected periodically and sent for chemical analysis to head office, Bangalore. The results of the chemical analysis is fed in GWDES software.
Address of the Office
Office of the Senior Geologist,
Department of Mines and Geology, Groundwater survey unit,
Srinivasa Nilaya, Near Doomlight Circle,
Old Extension, Kolar-563101.
Phone No : 08152-222631